Monday, June 21, 2010

South Western Township


Youth Day was a blast. So much happiness present in the air around Soweto. Clearly it was a day for the youth yet all people present were in high spirits. Many were partying, on the way to a party or preparing for a party. Hugs were a plenty and I posed for more pictures with strangers than I have in a long time. Ghana was well represented and I was present in many of their pictures. Despite the good mood, there was a sad feeling present in the Hector Pieterson Musuem. The Musuem detailed the tragic events of the day and teh following days. Including many heart wrenching photos and videos. Though you were not allowed to take pictures, I did receive an image from a friend. Unfortunately, I did not enter the old residence of Nelson Mandela (Madiba), due to the high price and incredible crowd. The was setting when I jetted out of Soweto for Nike's Perfect Pitch party. Riding two taxi vans to the other end of Soweto, which I learned is quite big. More to come in the days and weeks ahead. I need to catch up on some errands including picking up some laundry, ahhh fresh clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment